Family History Library Resources
Caribbean Genealogy Library is an Affiliate with FHL. We have an extensive collection of Family History Library microfilms related to Caribbean genealogy on site. A listing of our microfilm inventory is found HERE.
You may also search for FHL microfilms online and have them delivered to CGL for viewing at minimal cost. Search the FHL site HERE
and follow the microfilm ordering instructions below.
Instructions for Online Microfilm Orders from Family History Library
Microfilms will be delivered to CGL in 1-2 weeks!
1) Use the online catalog to search the microfilms available. You can search by subject, location, title, etc. Write down the film numbers of the microfilms you find of interest. Books may not be ordered
2) Navigate to the site below to order the films online. Be sure to place an extended microfilm order in the Loan Type on the left. This allows CGL to keep the films indefinitely, or until recalled by FHL.
3) Create a FamilySearch account and sign-in. Look in the top right corner of the FHL website to register if you do not already have a FamilySearch account. It's free to register
4) Create your default FHL location within your account. CGL will be your default location, of course! https://www.familysearch.org/films/familysearch/fhc/view/
(Use this link to set My Family History Center to CGL within your account once you are signed-in)
5) Determine your payment method, credit card or paypal, and proceed with the order process.
6) Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with confirmation of your order. This will assist us with notifying you when the films arrive.